Right now the Phoenix real estate market is rapidly shifting from a buyers market to a sellers market. With home inventory almost half of 2008 levels, sellers are now taking advantage of the first Phoenix area sellers market in years.
If you know someone looking to sell a home in the Phoenix area please think of the My Real Estate Cop squad. We will sell your home for top dollar in a short amount of time. We get inquiries almost daily from buyers looking for properties. Competition is stiff for good properties in the Phoenix area and our team has the knowledge, skills and experience to get our clients the most money for their homes.
Be sure to visit our website daily for more real estate blog posts and tips on selling your home. Let’s talk about our marketing strategy for selling your home today!
Follow us on Twitter @myrealestatecop
There are certain basic improvements any home seller should make to their property before putting it up on the market. The trick is to make minor improvements while not investing a large sum of money. Here are some fixes you should consider before selling your home:
1. Curb appeal. A buyers first impression is crucial in the sale of real estate. Pull weeds, trim overgrown shrubs, cut the grass. Perhaps consider repainting the trim or house numbers to sharpen your curb appeal.
2. Fix missing roof shingles. Problematic roofs are a huge turn off to potential buyers. Have a roofer come out to match and replace missing tiles or shingles. You do not want a faulty roof when it comes time to negotiate pricing!
3. Patch nail holes and repaint. A very inexpensive fix that keeps the buyers eyes away from these eye level eye-sores.
4. What’s that smell? Consider steam cleaning carpet and furniture to reduce that “lived in” smell. If you have a smoker or cat, you may want to consider repainting certain areas a neutral color in addition to steam cleaning.
5. Repair leaks. Water damage and leaks are a huge red flag to potential buyers. Fix leaky faucets and toilets. Buyers will probably inspect these items on their first visit if they are serious about the property.
These quick fixes will improve your chances of getting top dollar for your property.