There are certain basic improvements any home seller should make to their property before putting it up on the market. The trick is to make minor improvements while not investing a large sum of money. Here are some fixes you should consider before selling your home:
1. Curb appeal. A buyers first impression is crucial in the sale of real estate. Pull weeds, trim overgrown shrubs, cut the grass. Perhaps consider repainting the trim or house numbers to sharpen your curb appeal.
2. Fix missing roof shingles. Problematic roofs are a huge turn off to potential buyers. Have a roofer come out to match and replace missing tiles or shingles. You do not want a faulty roof when it comes time to negotiate pricing!
3. Patch nail holes and repaint. A very inexpensive fix that keeps the buyers eyes away from these eye level eye-sores.
4. What’s that smell? Consider steam cleaning carpet and furniture to reduce that “lived in” smell. If you have a smoker or cat, you may want to consider repainting certain areas a neutral color in addition to steam cleaning.
5. Repair leaks. Water damage and leaks are a huge red flag to potential buyers. Fix leaky faucets and toilets. Buyers will probably inspect these items on their first visit if they are serious about the property.
These quick fixes will improve your chances of getting top dollar for your property.